For most entrepreneurs, starting a new business is a very exciting prospect. It’s also a serious project which begins with thoughtful preparation and ends with sensible implementation. To make this happen, you will need to equip yourself with the essential tools that will be critical to give you—and your business—the best chance to transform your passion into a successful business.
12 in stock
For most entrepreneurs, starting a new business is a very exciting prospect. It’s also a serious project which begins with thoughtful preparation and ends with sensible implementation. To make this happen, you will need to equip yourself with the essential tools that will be critical to give you—and your business—the best chance to transform your passion into a successful business. Most people who own and run their own companies will say how rewarding it is, but they will also tell you how busy and challenging it can be. So before you begin making any plans to bring that great idea to life, you need to be as prepared as possible for what will lie ahead in your amazing journey. And so, to help you anticipate and prepare for the challenges of the entrepreneurial world, Stafford Technical Center ATE has designed a comprehensive, fast-track course that contains a wealth of knowledge and advice on all aspects of setting up and running a small, start-up business. The following sequenced modules represent the topic that will be explored each week that the class meets:
- Module 1: Preparation gets you to identify your skills and talents as well as your strengths and weaknesses to be sure that you have what it takes to launch your business successfully.
- Module 2: Business Plan presents the requirements needed to create a business plan including where and how to access samples to develop and complete your own.
- Module 3: Setting Up Your Business takes you through the formal details of structuring your business, creating a business name, protecting your intellectual property, registering your business, and other important legal matters related to protecting your business before, during, and after its launch.
- Module 4: Introduction to Marketing will give you a solid foundation in the basic principles of marketing including promoting your business, developing a marketing strategy, product pricing, and how to use social media and technology to promote your business.
- Module 5: Running Your Business tackles some of the more practical aspects of operating your business including budgets and cash flow, accounting and taxes, business banking, and insurance. Tips for hiring and training staff as well as interacting with suppliers will be visited in this module.
- Module 6: Launching Your Business will tie everything together for you by presenting some exciting ideas of how to introduce your new business to the world and including how to build a strong business network.
The content of the course is easy to understand and is filled with inspiring real-world examples and workable ideas about all aspects of setting up and running a business. By the end of the course you will be clear about how prepared you are to begin the process and where you’ll need to seek help in getting your business up and running!
Please note: This course requires each student to purchase a textbook prior to the start of the first class. The used and new copies of the textbook are available from a variety of online book sellers including Amazon. The book is Start Your Own Business: The Only Startup Book You’ll Ever Need and is written by the Staff of Entrepreneur Media. ISBN: 978-1599185569.